Monday, February 15, 2010

Writing Because I Love It...

Currently, my day to day consists of getting cursed out by teenagers, babysitting adults and juggling state requirements with district preferences...A.K.A...I teach public high school.  Although I know that there are students there that connect with me and have seen me as a mentor for years, trying to explain to a 16 year old in the ninth grade why "I" failed him instead of a 38 being the grade he earned on his own is not my first career choice.

It is writing.  It is writing that drove me to start my editing business.  It is writing that drives me to write my editing blog.  It is writing that keeps me up past midnight after my children have gone to bed, ignoring the full time job beckoning me that same day, to release my need to string words together in a way that makes sense and print them on a page.

If you could do what your heart desired as a career right now...what would it be?

3 comments:

  1. Write. And I am doing it. Not getting paid yet mind you. But I am doing it. Another day of child care for Mr. Two and a Half would be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha - That is great! And one day you will get paid because you are staying faithful. Oh, and I understand about the child care...soooo expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too sound like a copycat, but I too would write, and do marketing stuff for people. Apparently "World Traveler" doesn't count as a career.

    ReplyDelete