Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hope ... Loudly

Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


So, the other day I watched a DVD by Louie Giglio.  It was a 2-part message that I thought was amazing.  So amazing...I'm going to share it with you. 

There should be no argument that life is full of trouble.  Real Trouble.  The kind that has you look around and wonder how you got to that place.  The kind of trouble that we don't have an answer or a quick fix for.  The kind of trouble that hurts. 

If you are inclined to believe what the Bible says like I do then this is confirmed in John when it says that trouble is coming to ALL of us.  That sucks.  I know, but the question is how should this trouble be dealt with.

Louie made a great point in this message.  He said that we speak the loudest to world in the midst of our suffering.  He said that Jesus spoke the loudest to the world in midst of His suffering.  If what happened at the cross never took place...would we remember Him?  Probably not.  It was the ultimate sacrifice and the most painful way to die at that time in history.  They even went the extra mile for Him because he claimed to be God...

When I'm suffering, I try to speak the message that I truly believe in my heart:
  • God is good, even if my definition of good doesn't make sense for the situation. 
  • Suffering is my servant; I'm not a servant of suffering.  I will use my pain to further my message which is ultimately God's message to love people through it and grow more like Him.  I will use it; it will not use me.  I will be stronger after it and prepared for the next stage of my life.
  • I will test what is truly in my heart by noting my response to trouble.  Do I crumble?  Do I trust?  Do I love?  Do I push away?  What do I do even when people are not watching me?
The love that I experience on a daily basis from my family is amazing, but the provision, love and joy that I receive from Jesus, even if I don't always immediately recognize it, is so much more.

What do you do when trouble comes?  How can you make suffering your servent and not the other way around?

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! Suffering is my servant- hmmm. Can I use that?!

    Thanks for allowing God to use you in this post.

    Have a Happy Resurrection Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Britt. I think back when Jesus said that we will suffer but when we do we ask why. Great reminder for us all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this really convicted me BB. I usually crumble, cry and run all at the same time! I no longer want to bow my head to suffering and sorrow but use the resilience of walking through it as a banner of Gods faithfulness to carry me.

    My question is how do i do this? How do I not disband from the inside out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace- those are great questions and I think it looks different for each person. Regardless, you are hoping loudly if, in the midst of your emotion, you still proclaim the goodness of God, the goodness of what he did on the cross. Everything may still hope but your banner is in your countenence.

    Just remember that if you are constantly submitting your thoughts, emotions and opinions to God, he is never going to let you bust...no matter how close you feel. There is never just an easy answer or formula to your healing accept Jesus. Trust me...I'm talking to myself right now.

    ReplyDelete