Thursday, October 29, 2009

Small Business Owner

I now have a title...I'm a small business owner.  For so long, I have sat in the background and watched people pursue things that seemed to make them happy.  I think sometimes dreams can seem so far away, but they really don't have to.

At first, I was nervous and overwhelmed because a lot goes into organizing and planning a business.  Then I made peace with it, took some time and hashed it out.  If it weren't for Regina it wouldn't have happened!  I'm so excited about it.

It is called A Penny For My Thoughts and it is an editing business.  The key is that my company is more affordable than other freelance editing businesses because it just costs a penny per word!  Check it out at http://www.pennyformythoughts.net/.  Also, I have a weekly blog that is updated every Monday with tips and helpful lessons for writers.  That can be found at pennyperword.blogspot.com

Do you have any business aspirations?  What are they and have you taken any steps to see it fulfilled? 

2 comments:

  1. I like that title for you Brittany. It works. You are great at what you do and you got your business up and going in record time.

    As to your question: yes I have business aspirations. I've registered and started on things. Made a website and some promo items to promote it (can't wait to show you these).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKay I'm loving the "Penny for My Thoughts" blog tips... super helpful for whenever that time comes that I'll get to sit down and write!

    As for aspirations - geez I'm trying not to let life eat them away. But I aspire to inspire through creative mediums. That's always been my heart. Be it writing, music, acting, photography or encouragement (all are burgeoning business aspirations of mine... how they will intertwine I don't know). My desire is to see life breathed into and upon creation I'm so sick of see uninspired and unmoved people - myself included!!

    What have I done: hmm all my steps so far have been more of me wanting to better develop the skills I have. Of course, in doing so I have found myself at a stalemate more often than none. But I have purchased a new camera to continue growing in that area, I created a blog site for writing space (which I've yet to really use), and I'm singing with a worship team that I love, but is still in the beginning stages.

    So in a the simplest terms... not much.

    ReplyDelete